Training Courses For Music Teachers
Learn how to present music lessons to all ages
Is this course for me?
- Teachers with little or no musical training.
- Specialist music teachers wishing to extend their repertoire.
- Experienced musicians seeking to share their talents in a primary school environment.
Enquire about the course
If you are interested in taking the Musician Magician one day course, please fill out the contact form and we’ll be in touch.
1 day on the following dates.
Hermitage Centre, Brentwood, Essex
What makes a good teacher?
- A positive attitude from the teacher.
- The correct material that will get you started and guide you, step by easy step along your musical journey.
A Positive Attitude
Music integrates emotion and intellect in a way that no other subject can. Small class, big class, every child participates – making music. The class may get a little chaotic at times, it may even push the boundaries a smidgen too far, but if the end result is a bunch of kids playing together, creating music, having fun – the end certainly justifies the means.
Great material and easy steps
His teaching covers every aspect of music including reading notation, playing ensemble incorporating guitars, recorders, keyboards, xylophones, ukuleles, drums and percussion. Most of his lessons start off with a musical quiz (two teams) covering all aspects of music theory, history, harmony, styles of music from around the world plus a few current pop questions thrown in to help the medicine go down. He ardently encourages composition and improvisation and reserves a space in every lesson for children to “show case” their latest, hot of the press master pieces.